One way to test a Flow is to test it with an auto-generated test recipient. This makes it possible to test a Flow without having to wait for your recipient to go through Wait Steps and without having to create the test recipients yourself.
How to Test a Flow with Auto-Generated Recipients
- Log in to Staging.
- Open the Flows module and select the Flow you want to test.
- Click on the 'Test' icon in the top toolbar. The view will change to the Test View.
- Click the 'Update' button. A test recipient will be created and appear in the box below. Note that a new test recipient will be created on your Staging environment every time you click the 'Update' button in the Test panel.
- Click on the 'Execute' icon. A pop-up window will appear.
- Click 'OK'. It will take a few seconds for the execution to finish.
Using the test function to auto-create a test recipient
- Click on the 'Update' button.
- Click on the execution in the log. The recipient's journey through the Flow will appear to the left.
- Click on a Step to get more information. The status box will include a small text describing how the recipient went through the Step.
Note that the Steps can have three different colour statuses:
- A green Step indicates that the recipient successfully completed the Step.
- A grey Step indicates that the recipient skipped the Step.
- A red Step indicates that the recipient was unsuccessful in completing the Step.
A Flow with an Email Step where an error has caused the email to not be sent. As can be seen in the status box, the error has happened due to the email's subject line being empty.
Can this article be improved? Please let us know, and we will update the article
Please sign in to leave a comment.