Testing your print file before sending it to live recipients is an important step in ensuring that your communication works as intended. You can do this quickly by testing it in the Channels module. Then, you can see the layout of a print file without having to set up any Flow logic.
How to Test a Print File in the Channels Module
- Open the Channels module and select 'Print' from the 'Outbound' section.
- Click on the print file you'd like to test.
- Click on the 'Test' panel on the right side of the screen.
- Fill out the 'Recipient ID(s)' field with the recipient ID of a test-recipient. Separate with a comma for multiple Recipient IDs. You'll need to create one or more test recipients on your Staging environment to use as the Recipient ID(s) in this field. You can learn how to create a test recipient here.
- Click 'Download'.
- Your print file will appear in a pop-up window. If your Print file doesn't appear in a new window, remember to allow pop-up windows in your browser.
- Verify that the print file looks as intended for the test recipient's data.
You've now tested your print file and it's ready to send out to live recipients.
Testing a print file with the Recipient ID 'Testuser@Agilliccandy.com'