When you're creating a push notification, you first need to draft the message and then configure it. The template you use determines what information is required in the configuration process. Therefore, ask your template developer to provide this information prior to creating your push notification. You can learn how to create a push template here.
If you don't already have a push template, contact a developer or contact Agillic Professional Services for pricing. We also provide developer documentation on how to make templates.
How to Create a Push Notification
- Log in to Staging.
- Open the Channels module and then select 'Push'.
- Click on the folder you'd like to keep your push notification in.
- At the bottom of the left sidebar, select 'Create push'.
- A pop-up will appear where you can fill in the name of your push notification and select the template you'd like to use in the 'Layout' drop-down.
- Click 'OK' and depending on your template, a series of fields will appear.
Now, your push notification is created and is ready to be configured.
Screen when creating a push notification
How to Configure a Push Notification
- Click on the fields and fill them in one by one. Contact your template developer if you need further information.
- Click 'Save'.
Your push notification is configured and you're now ready to test your Push Notification.
When you're configuring your push notification, you can set it up to accept Person Data, Global Data, Promotion fields, or Library Blocks. You do this by typing in the name of the item you wish to insert and a drop-down will appear below. Once you've inserted the item, a corresponding symbol will appear on the right side of the field.
In the static fields, it's also possible to insert Person Data or a Global Data Parameter by typing the '@' or '$' in front of the item name. For example, a static field might read 'Hi @FIRSTNAME, how is your @DAY_OF_WEEK?' so that it will be personalised for each recipient.
A push notification being configured