You can upload images, GIFs, and other forms of content to Agillic's Assets Manager. This makes it easier to access your resources when working with content in Agillic.
There are three ways you can upload to the Assets Manager. This article will take you through all three.
How To Upload Using the Assets Manager
- Select Assets from the top bar.
- Now that you're in the Assets Manager, drag and drop the file you want to upload. You can also click on the grey area to browse for a file. If you upload in this way, they will be uploaded to the root folder.
- Use the content tree to store the file in the place you want. You can also create a new folder by clicking on the three dots next to the root folder or by selecting 'New folder' at the bottom of the sidebar.
A process bar will appear at the bottom of the page when you upload the files. If there's an issue with the file you're trying to upload, a pop-up box will appear describing the error. If the upload is successful, the process bar will read 'Upload Complete'.
How to Upload Using the Upload Files Widget
- Navigate to the Agillic front page. The Upload Files widget is located in the bottom left corner.
- Click 'Change' to select which folder you'd like your files to be uploaded into.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to upload your resource by clicking 'Change' in the upper right corner.
- Either click on the widget to browse through your own files for the resource or drag the file into the widget.
When your upload is complete, a toast will appear on the screen to confirm.
How to Upload Using WebDAV
Before you can upload a resource through WebDAV, WebDAV must be setup. Learn how to setup WebDAV here.
- Log into the path: https://[NAME_OF_INSTANCE]-stag.agillic.eu/bcmportlet/webdav/bcm
- Click on the 'Resources' folder.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to upload your resource.
- Drag your resource(s) into the designated folder.
Your resource is now available in the Assets Manager as well.
Using WebDAV to upload a .png image into the 'Products' folder in the Media Browser
How to Refresh the Media Browser
You may have to refresh the browser in order to see your newly uploaded resources.
- Open the Channels module and then the 'Media Browser' section.
- Click the 'Resources' folder from the left side bar.
- Click the 'Refresh' button at the bottom of the left side bar.
Refreshing the Media Browser after uploading new resources