A GIF is a type of image made up of several frames, meaning it animates. You can insert GIFs into your communications such as your emails and webpages. To insert your GIF, you'll either have to insert an external URL or upload it to the Assets Manager.
It's important to be aware of a few things when using GIFs:
- GIFs aren't supported by all email clients. If a recipient opens an email with a client who doesn't support GIFs, the first frame of the GIF shows instead.
- Consider the size of your GIFs. The bigger the GIF, the longer the load time for your recipients.
- If you insert too many GIFs into an email or GIFs that are too large, the email client may register it as spam.
How to Insert a GIF
- Open the Channels module and then open the email, print file, webpage, or advisor page you want to add a GIF to.
- Click on the editable field in the Content Block where you want to insert the GIF.
- Click on the 'Image' panel in the right sidebar.
- Select 'Assets' or 'External Image' in the drop-down menu.
- If you choose 'External Image', insert the URL in the 'External URL' field.
- If you choose 'Assets', navigate to the GIF you want to insert and click on it.
- If you want, write a tooltip in the 'Tooltip' field below. When a recipient hovers over your GIF, the tooltip will appear as a text box. Not all Email clients support tooltips, in which case the full URL will show as the tooltip instead.
- Also, you can change the width and/or height of your GIF by opening the 'Advanced' settings at the bottom of the 'Image' tab.
- Click 'Save'.
Now, you've inserted your GIF and your communication is ready for testing.
An email with a GIF inserted