A Random Split Promotion uses the Random functionality on a Promotion Block to let you compare how different Propositions perform.
Usually, when working with Promotions, you have a series of Propositions with different Conditions. In this case, however, you show the Propositions randomly and not based on any Conditions. This is most commonly used for testing different content variants for your recipients but can also be utilized if you simply want to show, for example, random selections from a product catalogue.
How to Create a Random Split Promotion
- Create a Promotion.
- Create one Proposition for each variant you need. You don't need to add any Conditions to the Propositions.
- Create your outbound communication such as an email.
- Insert a Promotion Block in your outbound communication.
- Select the number of Propositions that should be shown in each email.
- Check the 'Random Propositions' checkbox In the Promotion properties for the Block.
- Add the content to your Promotion Block.
- Click 'Save'.
You've now created and configured an outbound communication with a random split Promotion. Your outbound communication can now be used in a Flow.
Remember to test this in a Flow before you go live with it. If you execute the email in a Flow for a group of test recipients, you can see that the Propositions will be randomly distributed between the recipients.
A split test email configured with a random split Promotion and three Propositions
Suggested Next Steps
Can this article be improved? Please let us know, and we will update the article
Please sign in to leave a comment.