Quick Poll is a standard application which you can insert into a Portal Page. They allow you to quickly and easily collect data on your recipients.
Quick Polls consist of a question with a number of answer options. Recipients then vote and instantly view the results of the poll in a graphical bar chart. Therefore, you can gather opinions from your recipients and create a report to visually see the results.
If you need to have multiple questions in your poll across several pages, you might want to create a questionnaire instead.
How to Create a Quick Poll
- Log in to the Staging environment.
- Open the Channels module and Create a web page or Advisor page or open an existing one by clicking it.
- Choose a Content Block on the page or add a new Content Block.
- Click in an editable content field and then open the 'Apps & Text' panel in the right sidebar.
- Select 'Application' in the first dropdown.
- Select 'Quick Poll' in the second dropdown and the 'Quick Poll Editor' will appear.
Your Quick Poll is now ready for you to configure it.
How to Configure a Quick Poll
- Click on the Quick Poll.
- Fill in a name for the Quick Poll in the 'Name' field.
- Fill in the question you want to display to your recipients in the 'Question' field.
- Select which Person Data field you'd like to save the answers from the Quick Poll in. You do this using the 'Person Data' drop-down.
- Select which style to use in the 'Style' drop-down. Previews of each style and the rest of the formatting will appear in the menu.
- Fill in the text you'd like for the submit button in the 'Button text' field.
- You can also select an Event from the 'Event' drop-down. When a user clicks the 'Submit' button, the Event will be triggered. This could be to change the recipient's Person Data to store the recipient's answer to this poll. If you don't select an Event, Agillic won't autogenerate one.
- Fill in the answers that recipients will choose between in the 'Display Text' fields.
- Fill in the values saved in the 'Value' fields.
- You can add more fields if you need to by clicking the small plus icon or remove fields by clicking the minus icon.
- Select a bar image by clicking the 'Choose image' icon. The bar image will be used to display the percentage distribution of answers on the generated graph.
- Check or uncheck the checkboxes to style the result page.
- Click 'OK' and you should see your configured Quick Poll on your Portal Page.
- Save the Portal Page.
Your Quick Poll is now ready for you to publish to Staging and test.
A Quick Poll is configured to ask recipients what their favourite candy variant is
Can this article be improved? Please let us know, and we will update the article
Please sign in to leave a comment.