EU GDPR Wave ONE – Data sensitivity management
Release 18.0 represents ONE of THREE releases which will enable Agillic customers to be GDPR compliant before May 25th 2018.
Agillic EU GDPR Wave ONE is focussed on data sensitivity management which is one of the cornerstones in the new regulation. New features allow you to classify all sensitive data and control who has access to this through managing roles and access rights. Two important steps to becoming EU GDPR compliant.
The features are ready - you must actively implement the changes.
Get to know Agillic 18.0
- New Features
- Set data sensitivity
- Set roles and access rights
- Manage file import service in admin UI
- New side effect on Person Data change: "Initiate flow"
- Easy workflow for Webhook Transformation Script
Set data sensitivity
Set sensitivity level on each Person Data field. Sensitivity levels may be set on individual fields on staging in a drop-down menu. Choose between the following levels:
- Sensitive on both Staging and Production
- Sensitive on Production
- Not sensitive
Notice that the default settings of these fields will be as follows:
- All existing Person Data fields (except fixed) will be marked as ”Sensitive on Production”
- All new Person Data fields will default to “Sensitive on both Staging and Production”
- All fixed Person Data fields will default to “Not sensitive”
It is the responsibility of each Agillic customer to ensure that their individual settings are correct before May 25th 2018.
- Classify your data to be EU GDPR compliant
- Easy setting with a drop-down menu in each Person Data field
Set roles and access rights
Manage user roles and access rights in order to control who can see sensitive data in the Agillic UI and via Remote Access. In each profile group, you have a new tick box under “Data” to limit who may edit data sensitivity. Note that this default is set to Off. New configuration options to manage a profile group's access to sensitive data.
UI Data Access options:
- Cannot see sensitive data
- Can see sensitive data
- Can see sensitive data, also from Production (Option only present on Staging - relates to features such as "Recipient Snapshot")
Limit who can access data remotely via:
- HTTP (WebDAV, etc.)
- Import folder/files
- Export folder/files
- Logs folder/files
In general users with “Profile Management” rights can only view and assign rights that are at the same level or lower rights level than their own
- Control access rights to be EU GDPR compliant
- Easy management via radio buttons to select the viewing rights of each profile
- Limit remote access
Manage file import service in admin UI
Earlier we introduced a new “File Import Service” to support 3rd party programmatic uploads of files for import in Agillic and to improve the status of imports for programmatic uploads. This release brings that feature into the Admin UI.
- Admins can now manage the File Import Service directly via the Admin UI without having to go through Agillic Support.
- Enable/disable File Service Import yourself
- Easy access to credentials
- Manage “call-backs”
New side effect on Person Data change: "Initiate flow"
Improved functionality to the recently released feature for setting side effects on Person Data change by adding the ability to initiate a flow.
- Initiate a flow based on a Person Data change
- Set the flow from both the Person Data settings and from the flow settings
Easy workflow for Webhook Transformation Script
We have improved the UI for the recently released feature Webhook Transformation Script. Instead of copy-pasting information from one part of the UI to another, you instead tick a box and choose from a drop-down menu to connect a Webhook to a Webhook Transformation Script.
- Nice and easy!
- Saves time
Can this article be improved? Please let us know, and we will update the article
Please sign in to leave a comment.