Global Data Tables and Data Lookups
Agillic 8.7 provides the ability to store data such as complementary product information, store information etc. in Agillic without the specific data object necessarily being connected to the customer record. Use Data Lookups to couple Users with Global Data Tables or make relations between Users.
This opens up a new level to the communication with customers and other businesses as we now support scenarios such as:
- Store all Products, Stores etc. in Agillic
- Suggest newest Store
- Suggest new or related Products
- Trigger communication with new product based on similar attributes i.e. if there is a new book by a User's favourite author.
- Household concept
- Define a Parent to Child relation
- Dual Target Groups
- Lookup Families
- B2B concept such as Account Owner to Employee relations
Global Data Tables
You can create Global Data Tables in Agillic and import data such as product records from a PIM system containing fields such as “Product Title”, “Product Price” or store records such as “Store Name”, “Store Address” etc. The Agillic 8.7 UI enables managing and testing of the imported data. The imported data can be used as content in Emails, Pages, and in Print and Advisor Channel or be related to Users by using Data Lookups.
Global Data Table Lookups
Relate your Users to e.g. your product records, subscription types, stores by using the Agillic UI. With Agillic 8.7 comes the ability to define a Data Lookup that uses Person Data or One-to-Many Fields to lookup Global Data Table Records of a User. You can then use the Data Lookup in Conditions, Target Groups and to personalise Content. When used in content, Global Data Table Fields and One-to-Many Fields can be merged and inserted in Emails, Pages, Advisor Pages, Print etc.
Person to Person Lookups
Relate Users to Users by using the Agillic UI. Create a household or a B2B relation by defining a Parent and his/her children with the use of Person Data. The created household can then be used in Conditions, Target Groups and Dynamic Content in Emails, Pages, Advisor Pages, Print etc.
Improved Push Functionality
Push in Agillic now supports JSON for integration to the mobile application endpoint. A new type of Template and Push Profile has been implemented to support JSON for Push integrations.
The Push Step in the Flow section has been improved to support JSON Push Profiles.
We have made it possible to select Content on the Push Step instead of selecting content in the Push Notification Profiles.
When selecting a Promotion as Content it is now possible to specify which Promotion Field should be used.
UI Re-write to HTML5
SYSTEM and PUBLISH section are now in HTML5
We are getting away from Flash as fast as possible to improve overall performance and robustness of Agillic. See the important changes below:
Changes and improvements
- Overall performance has been improved when navigating
- System - Settings - International - Language settings interface has been improved
- System - Settings - Security - Password Policy settings interface has been improved
- System - Settings - XML Import & Export has been moved from the Publish section to System section
- System - Profiles - Navigation has changed but functionality is the same
- Publish - Log - a column has been added to show Publish Type
- Publish - Lock Publish - Improved interface and moved to the general Publish Page. Now it is only possible to lock an environment once per user.
- Publish - The tab and feature "Help" has been removed
- Publish - The tab and feature "Validate" has been removed
- Publish - "System Properties" has been removed, as these properties can be set in the System section
- Publish - The "Stop" button when publishing manually in the Publish section has been removed
- Log files are now encrypted
- Help texts in the UI have improved on pages that are re-written to HTML5. We are working hard to improve overall texts and help texts in the UI.
Of course, that is not all we have done in this release. We are working really hard on legacy features and functions, and either improving their performance or removing them from Agillic if they're no longer needed.
Important to know before upgrading
- All log files will be encrypted. To get decrypted log files please contact Agillic Support.
- The existing feature "Parameterised Global Data" should no longer be used, as it is on the roadmap to remove this feature. Of course, we are not going to remove the feature before everyone has stopped using it. Global Data Tables are to be used instead of Parameterised Global Data. Customers with solutions using Parameterised Global Data will be contacted by Agillic Support about how to replace existing configuration with the use of Global Data Tables and a plan for when to stop using it.
- Custom MySQL database from 8.7 is not available for new solutions. All existing custom MYSQL databases will continue to function as usual. Customers using custom MySQL will be contacted in the near future.
- Publish section - "System Properties" has been removed, as these properties can be set in the System section.
- Publish section - It is now only possible to "Lock" Staging or Production once per Agillic User. Before, you could add multiple "Locks" per user on e.g. Staging.
- Publish section - The "Stop" button when publishing manually in the Publish section has been removed.
- Push - Push Notification Profiles has been moved to a new sub-section called "Push Profiles", as a new Push Profile type for JSON format has been implemented.