New flexibility to Agillic configurators
Release 18.1 focuses on flexibility, stability and performance. It features brand new possibilities within the Agillic Email Editor, allowing configurators more flexibility in their daily work. And we know many of you will appreciate the UX improvements, as well as notable performance improvements to the data-look-up and one-to-many.
Get to know Agillic 18.2
Conditions for Global Data Table blocks
It is now possible for content editors to use our powerful condition editor to dynamically choose which Global Data Table rows/items should be included, based on any combination of conditions across all fields in the Global Data Table.
Use cases can be:
- If you have your news/article database synced to an Agillic Global Data Table, you can choose to show the 3 most read articles within the "tech" theme included in a Global Data Table block
- If you have your product database in a Global Data Table, you can, for example, set the conditions to show the most popular items in the shoe category this week
- If you run events and add them to a Global Data Table you can add events happening the next 2 weeks
Changes to templates and Content Editor
In addition to the new functionalities in the Email Editor in the previous release, we now introduce an additional feature to allow further customisation of templates for email editors. It is now possible for the template developer to enable a configurator to:
- Show/hide individual elements in a template or a block. e.g. use the same block for 3 different content pieces, but on one you want to hide the CTA button, on another you will not use a picture on the left and the third you want to slim down the block to only be a header! You will no longer need long lists of blocks but can build much fewer blocks that are highly customisable on the fly
- Create, name and toggle parameter groups to make it easier for editors to navigate and find the relevant parameters when working
- Define what options an editor can pick from when setting a parameter. E.g. when choosing a font, editors can choose predefined fonts from a drop down.
User Management and security update
We have implemented a few changes to user admin and login page. For security measures, administrators can no longer set or update user password. Instead, they must invite users to set their own passwords. Invited users will be sent an email with a link directing them to a "set password" screen.
If users forget their password, they can use the "Forgotten password" feature from the login screen by simply putting in their username. This will also send them an email with a link to a "set password" screen where they can update their password.
For some time Agillic's Content Editor for web, print and email has been equipped with an in-app preview functionality (in addition to the WYSIWYG editor, "send test email" feature and the "Litmus testing for email" features). This has been updated to include all blocks added and configured correctly to an email, webpage or print, which will be correctly displayed when using the "Preview" feature.
As part of our strategic focus on performance improvements across all major platform sections, we have again made several improvements in this release.
Customers who store data in Agillic's one-to-many data structure can expect to see notable performance improvements when activating this data.
And when working with many in-app taps, page load has been improved so that pages with many tabs will load faster, as the content of the tabs will be loaded on tab focus, instead of on page load.
Several UX improvements to help in your daily work. Look out for the following:
- Better logging on data imports
- New warnings when trying to execute paused flows
- Improved copy in menus
- Fixed SLT settings bug in Flow