The Agillic Extension API allows you to integrate your Agillic instance with an external system. When data is received by Agillic, it can be transformed through your custom-made http extension to fit your specific data requirements. In this example, we will cover the integration with a Google Lead Form.
We recommend that you set up a double-opt-in sign-in process for this campaign, as we do with all campaigns. Also, make sure to create a suitable 'Agillic Event' for this purpose which can be triggered from the http Extension created by your developers. You could also consider creating a Person Data field, such as 'CAMPAIGN_SOURCE' so you're able to track the source of recipients created through the Lead Form Extension.
Read more about Events.
Configuring Google Lead Form
Begin by selecting the Google Ads campaign you wish to enable Good Lead Form for.
- Select the desired Google Ads Campaign.
- Click 'Ad group'.
- Select your desired Ad group.
Selecting a Google Ads 'Campaign Ad group'
- Once your Ad group has been selected, expand the 'Ads & extensions' options.
- Click to add 'Lead Form Extension'.
Adding a 'Lead Form Extension' to a Google Ads Campaign Ad Group
Configuring the Lead Form page
Fill out the relevant Lead Form information and configure the customer input fields. Once your Lead Form input fields have been configured, you're ready to configure the 'Lead delivery options'.
You will need three things to complete this task:
CustomerId - Agillic Support can provide them, but remember to insert the Staging id during testing, not the Production id.
Extension Name - The developer of your http Extension can provide this.
A Secure Key - Either generate or ask your developer to generate a secure random key. The secure random key must match the key inserted in the 'http Extension' itself. This helps ensure that traffic is coming from a genuine source - in this case, Google.
Configuring the Lead Form Extension
Testing the Integration
To test your integration, your developer must have uploaded your http Extension to the Staging environment. After that, you're ready to test.
- Click the Send Test Data, and share the response with the developer of your 'http Extension'.
Your developers will be able to verify if the data output was accepted, and is formatted as expected.
Clicking 'Send Test Data' actually sends data to your Agillic instance. This means that if you log in to the Staging environment and search for a recipient with data based on the information you entered in your test, you should be able to locate the recipient.
- Log in to your Staging environment and locate the newly created recipient.
- Verify that the correct Person Data fields have been filled out with the test data.
Once you have verified that everything works as it should, simply replace the Staging customerId with your Production customerId on the 'Lead Delivery Options' panel and click Save.
Note about the example Http Extension found on the Developers' Portal
The example code is designed to run on an Agillic instance where:
The extensions url is: https://extensions-eu1.agillic.net/extensions/open/<customerId>/google-ads-webhook
- The event "double_opt_in" is the trigger for a double-opt in campaign
- EMAIL is a unique string person data field
- ROLE is a string person data describing a job title
- FIRSTNAME is a string person data describing a recipient's first name
- LASTNAME is a string person data field describing a recipient's last name
- COMPANY is a string person data field describing a recipient's company
- CAMPAIGN_SOURCE is a string person data field describing the origin of a recipient