Promotions, Propositions, and Promotion Fields help you to create dynamic, personalised content. You can show different text, images, or links in your outbound communication to different recipients depending on their characteristics or which Target Groups they belong to. This way, you won't have to create several email versions to present dynamic content but can personalise within the email itself.
A Promotion always consists of a Promotion, a number of Propositions, a Promotion Block to insert your Promotion into, and finally one or more Promotion fields to store your Promotion's content. In order to set up this logic, you need to first create your Promotion. Next, add Propositions and finally, insert the Promotion into a form of outbound communication or portal page and personalise each proposition variation.
In this article, you will find information about:
- Promotions in Agillic
- Propositions in Agillic
- Promotion Fields in Agillic
Promotions in Agillic
Promotions are used to show different variations of content to different types of recipients. For example, your recipients whose favourite coffee type Person Data is set to 'Colombian Huila Coffee Beans' could be shown a product banner with these exact coffee beans.
There are two ways to create Promotions in Agillic - through the Promotions module and the Channels module.
How to Create a Promotion Through the Promotions Module
- Log in to Staging.
- Open the Promotions module.
- Click on the 'Create' icon in the top bar and then select 'New Folder' or 'New Promotion' from the dropdown depending on if you want to create a folder that can contains your Promotion.
- Name your Promotion and click 'Save'.
- Your Promotion is now created and ready to have Propositions added.
How to create a new Promotion Through the Promotion Module
How to Create a Promotion Through the Channels Module
- Mouse-over the Channels dropdown and select 'Promotions'.
- Click on 'New Promotion' or 'New Folder' depending on if you want to create a folder that can contain your Promotion.
- To get an overview of the existing folders click on the left hand navigation menu in the upper left corner and unfold the sidebar.
- It's possible to create a new Promotion when clicking on the '+' icon in the top right corner of the sidebar.
- It's possible to create a new folder directly from the bottom of the sidebar.
- Fill in the name of your new Promotion and then click 'Create'.
- Your Promotion is now created and is ready to have Propositions added.
How to create a new Promotion Through the Channels Module
Propositions in Agillic
Propositions are different variations of a Promotion which you want to show to different recipients. Adding Propositions to a Promotion is the second step when creating personalised content.
There are two ways to create Propositions in Agillic - through the Promotions module and the Channels module.
How to Add Propositions to a Promotion Through the Promotions Module
The order of your Propositions matter as Agillic evaluates your Propositions from the top down. You can reorder the list of Propositions by dragging them.
- Go to the Promotions module.
- Click on the Promotion in the left sidebar.
- Click the 'Create' icon in the top toolbar.
- Click 'New Proposition'.
- Fill in a name for your new Proposition and click 'Save'. Your Proposition is now ready to have Conditions set.
- Click on the 'Conditions' section and set conditions to match the type of recipient you want to see the Proposition.
- Click 'Save' and repeat steps 2-6 to create more Propositions.
Creating Propositions in the Promotions Module
If the recipient receiving your Promotion doesn't meet any Propositions, they'll see the default Proposition which is the Proposition you first created. You can learn how to change the default Proposition here.
How to add Propositions to a Promotion Through the Channels Module
- Click on 'Add Proposition' within the Promotion overview in order to create a Proposition.
- Fill in the name of your new Proposition and then click 'Create'.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 to create more Propositions.
- Go to the Promotions module and navigate to your Promotion. You will now see all your newly created Propositions.
- From each Proposition it's possible to navigate directly to the Promotions module by clicking 'Edit conditions and properties' from the righthand sidebar.
- Select a Proposition and then select the 'Conditions' section.
- Set conditions to match the type of recipient you want to see the Proposition.
- Click 'Save' and repeat for all your Propositions.
Creating a Propositions in the Channels Module
Within each Proposition it's possible to see its Properties within the righthand sidebar. The Proposition Properties will contain information as a description for the Proposition, if it's the default proposition, if there is a time period set and the conditions set for the Proposition.
The Default Proposition will be marked as 'Default'. When clicking on the three dots next to each Proposition name it's possible to rename, duplicate, deactivate, make default or delete the Proposition.
Editing options for each Proposition when clicking on the 'three dots'
We recommend that you test your Promotion before adding it to an outbound communication to make sure it will work as expected for your recipients.
Promotion Fields in Agillic
A Promotion Field is used for storing specific content in your Promotion. These fields can be re-used across different outbound communications and portal pages if needed. Each Promotion field will store either plain text, rich text (HTML), an image, a link or a PDF depending on the selected type of the field.
Adding Promotion Fields is the third step in the process to be able to create differentiated content for your recipient.
There are two ways to create Promotion Fields in Agillic - through the 'Promotions' section of the Channels module and through the Email Editor in the Channels module.
How to Create a Promotion Field Through the Channels Module
- Mouse-over the Channels dropdown and select 'Promotions'.
- Find the Promotion within the lefthand sidebar you want to create the Promotion field in and click on it.
- Within the Promotion overview you click on 'Add promotion field'.
- Choose Promotion Field type. Within each field type you'll find a short description of what you can use each type for. Plain text Promotion fields can be used if you'd like your content to work on all channels. Rich text works across email, web, and print. You can style your content, add images, links, and Dynamic Content Fields. Additionally you can choose between link, image and PDF Promotion fields.
- Fill in the name of your Promotion field and then click 'Create'. You've now created a Promotion field.
- Repeat step 3-5 to create more Promotion fields.
- Within the Promotion overview you can see all the Promotion fields added to the Promotion.
- From each Proposition you can add a new Promotion field. Just notice that any Promotion field added from an individual Proposition will apply to all Propositions.
- Your Propositions is now ready to have content added to the Promotion fields.
Creating a Promotion Field in the 'Promotion' Section in the Channels module
Within the righthand sidebar you can view Promotion Properties for the Promotion. Here you can get an overview of where the Promotion is referenced.
Promotion overview for the Promotion 'FAVOURITE_COFFEE'
How to Create a Promotion Field in the Email Editor in the 'Channels' Module
- Open the Channels Module.
- Open the 'Outbound' section from the left sidebar and then select the 'Email' folder.
- Find the email you want to create the Promotion Field in or create a new email.
- Add the necessary blocks and make them into a Promotion Block. You're now ready to add Promotion Fields to the Promotion Block.
- Click on the field in the Promotion Block you want to have differentiated content in. In the right sidebar, the 'Personalise' section will open.
- Click in the 'Select Promotion' field and write the name of the Promotion Field. We suggest that you name the Promotion Field so it's easily recognisable and easy to know what it should be used for. An example of this could be 'Header' for the email header, 'Body' for the body text, and 'Image' for images.
- Click the '+' icon and choose either HTML or TEXT. We recommend you to select HTML for any content inside HTML driven outbound communications or portal pages such as emails, web pages, and Advisor pages. You should use TEXT for anything not HTML related such as email subject lines and SMS texts.
- The content field in the Promotion Block will be blank. You're now ready to fill in your content. If you click the 'All' button in the yellow inner box, you'll fold out all your Propositions for your Promotion. Then, you can easily add content to all your Propositions.
We advise you to save regularly so you avoid losing any of your work in the email.
How to create a Promotion Field in the Email Editor in the Channels module