When you have an email with a single Promotion, you can test the Promotion with auto-generated recipients instead of having to create test recipients fitting to the Conditions on each of the Propositions. This makes it easy to test different Propositions in your Promotion and to ensure that all content looks as intended for different recipients.
How to Create Auto-Generated Recipients for a Promotion
- Open the Promotions module.
- Navigate to your Promotion and highlight it by clicking on it.
- Click on the Test icon in the top toolbar
- A pop-up window will appear where you can click 'Update'. Newly created Test recipients for each Proposition will pop-up in the box below.
- You can edit the recipients' data to add more data if needed.
You've now created a test recipient for each Proposition in your Promotion. If you need to find your auto-generated test recipients, you can find them in the 'Test Target Group' folder. The Target Group will have the same name as your Promotion.
Auto-generated recipients for a Promotion that has five Propositions
The 1st execution, 2nd execution, and 3rd execution panels indicate the order a test recipient will match the different Propositions. For example, if the first test recipient with ID email@example.com had Caramel as the 2nd execution, it means that the recipient would first match with the Chocolate Proposition and then the Caramel Proposition.
How to Test a Promotion with Auto-Generated Recipients
To test your Promotion, test it in a Flow as described below:
- Open the Flows module.
- Create a Flow or navigate to an existing Flow.
- Add your Test Target Group to the Flow.
- Insert an email Step with your email attached.
- Save the Flow.
- Execute the Flow manually on Staging.
- A pop-up window will appear where you need to check the checkbox 'Redirect Communications'.
- Fill in the email address that should receive the test emails.
- Verify that the emails received show the correct content for all Propositions.
You've now tested your Promotion with auto-generated recipients.