The SMS editor has a built-in character counter which counts how many message parts your SMS will consist of. The total amount of characters will change depending on the character types you use. Learn more about how SMS characters are calculated here.
How to Create an SMS
- Log in to Staging.
- Open the Channels module and then select SMS.
- Click on New SMS or New Folder depending on if you want to create a folder that can contain your SMS.
- To get an overview of the existing folders click on the left-hand navigation menu in the upper left corner and unfold the sidebar.
- Click on the folder you want your SMS to reside in.
- Click on the plus icon in the upper right corner of the sidebar to create a new SMS.
Fill in the name of the SMS and click CREATE.
How to Add Content to an SMS
- Add a name to the field Sender name.
- Add text to the Message field.
- At the bottom of the phone screen, the small character counter will count the number of characters used.
- Click Save in the upper right corner.
Your SMS is now ready for further personalisation and to have links added.
Remember to test your SMS before sending it to live recipients. To be sure of how many message parts an SMS is, you should do a prediction on the SMS in a Flow.