If you'd like to personalise your SMS, you can do this in the Channels module by using Person Data. This way, each of your recipients will receive SMSs which are specific to them.
- Log into Staging.
- Open the Channels module and choose SMS.
- Choose the SMS you are personalising and click it.
- Click the ’Dynamic Content Field’ icon below the Message box and a pop-up window will appear.
- Select the Person Data, Global Data or Unique lookup you want to use from the drop-down menu, click 'Add'. The data will be inserted as a placeholder text such as 'FIRSTNAME'.
- Click 'Save' to save your changes.
- Publish to Production to go live with your change.
The SMS will now display a personalised text that will change, depending on the recipient's data. We recommend that you test your SMS when you have inserted personalised text to make sure that it will look as expected to your recipients.
To personalise the SMS sender name, click the 'Edit' icon within the ‘Sender name’ field and choose ‘Use a custom sender name’. When you click the ‘Dynamic Content Field’ icon you select the Person Data, Global Data or Unique Lookup you want to use from the drop-down menu, click 'Add'.
How to insert a recipient's first name into an SMS