Testing your SMS before pushing it live ensures your SMS works as intended for multiple recipients.
Testing an SMS in the Channels module is a quick way to see the layout of an SMS without having to set up any test recipients or Flow logic. However, we do advise that you test your SMS in a Flow as well before sending the SMS to live recipients
How to Test an SMS in the Channels module
- Log into Staging.
- Open the Channels module and choose SMS.
- Click on the left hand navigation menu and unfold the sidebar. Find the SMS you want to test. Click on it.
- Click ‘Test’ in the upper left corner.
- A popup window will appear where you can fill in your phone number.
- If you want to test the SMS with the use of a Unique ID, meaning that any personalization will be viewed as a specific recipient, you search for the recipient in the field ‘View SMS as’.
- Click 'Send test'.
- Once you've received the SMS, check it looks as intended for the test recipient's data.
Your SMS is now tested and ready to send out to live recipients.
In order to be sure of how many message parts an SMS is, you should do a prediction on the SMS in a Flow and verify how many SMS parts the send out is. You can read more about how to test how many message parts an SMS is here.
Sending a test SMS in the Channels module