You can insert a Promotion into your SMS to show personalised content to different recipients.
To do this, you will first have to create a Promotion with one or more Propositions and that has a TEXT content type Promotion field. Learn more about how to create Promotions, Propositions, and Promotion Fields here.
How to Insert a Promotion in an SMS
- Log in to Staging.
- Open the Channels Module and select SMS.
- Navigate to your SMS.
- Click on the 'Promotion' icon below the Message field or on Add a Promotion Block in the right column.
- A popup will appear and you can select your Promotion. If you expand the Advanced settings you're able to add or remove Count exposures meaning reporting on recipients' exposure to your Propositions and Collapse block which will hide the Block if no recipients match your Propositions’ Conditions. Click Next.
- Select a Promotion Field from your promotion to insert into your Promotion Block. Click Done.
- Click Save in the upper right corner.
Inserting a Promotion in a SMS
You promotion is now visible in the 'Message' field. If you hover over the promotion you will be able to switch between the different propositions in order to preview them. Within the right column, you can view and edit conditions.
Switching between Propositions
If you need to Duplicate or Delete your Promotion simply click on the promotion and the two options will appear.
Duplicate or Delete the Promotion