When testing an email in the Channels module with a Recipient ID, you might run into an 'Unable to send' error message. Most of the time, this error occurs as the email contains broken HTML.
It's important to note, if you attempt to send an email with broken HTML using a Flow, the Flow Investigator will show 'Internal error' for the email Step.
How to Investigate the 'Unable to Send' Error
- Log in to Staging.
- Open the Channels module and navigate to the email which returns the 'Unable to send' error.
- At the bottom of the left sidebar, select 'Duplicate email'.
- Fill in the name of your new test copy in the pop-up and then click 'Ok'.
- Hover over one of the Content Blocks in your email. Click the 'Remove' icon which will appear in the top left corner of the Block. Make sure to remember which Content Block you removed.
- Click 'Save'.
- In the right sidebar, select the 'Test' panel.
- Fill in your email address in the 'email address(es) field and a Recipient ID for a test recipient in the 'Recipient ID(s)' field.
- Click 'Send'.
- Verify if the 'Unable to send' error still appears.
- Repeat Steps 6 - 11 until the 'Unable to send' error disappears and you've located the Block which causes it.
- Click the 'HTML' Panel for the Block.
- Edit any incorrect HTML code.
- Click 'OK' to commit your changes.
- Click 'Save'.
A test of an email returning the error 'Unable to send'
Clicking on the Content Block with the invalid HTML code, opening the HTML panel, and locating the '$' which is causing the error
Can this article be improved? Please let us know, and we will update the article
Please sign in to leave a comment.