You use Global Data to store single values of data that you don't want to be linked to any specific recipient. When creating a new Global Data field, you choose what types of data it can contain. This is held in table 1 below.
How to Create a Global Data Field
- Log in to Staging.
- Open the Data module.
- Open the 'Global Data' section.
- Click the 'Global Data' folder.
- Click the 'Create' icon in the top toolbar.
- Select the type of Global Data field you want to create under 'New Global Data'. See table 1. Your new Global Data field will appear in the work area to the right.
- Fill in a name for your Global Data field in the 'Name' Field.
- If you'd like, add a description of your Global Data field.
- Fill in or select a value for your Global Data field.
- Click the 'Save' button.
- Publish to Production to go live with your change and use it on Production.
Your Global Data field is now ready to be used.
If you need your Global Data to change dynamically, such as based on the date, you'll need to set up an automatic import. You could do this with APIs, WebDAV, or File Import Service or use Side Effects to change the value dynamically. Otherwise, your Global Data will have a static value.
A Global Data named 'HOLIDAY' has been created as a boolean data type. The Global Data has been set up with the value 'False' but would need to be changed dynamically based on the date to reflect whether it's currently a holiday or not.
|Data Type||Description||Example Global Data||Example Value|
|Boolean||Can either be true or false||NATIONAL_HOLIDAY||FALSE|
|Date||Can contain a date||TODAYS_DATE||16.07.2018|
|Number||Can contain numbers||DAY_OF_MONTH||16|
|String||Can contain any value including letters and numbers||DAY_OF_WEEK||
|Timestamp||Can contain a date and time||TODAYS_DATE_W_HOUR||
Table 1: data types in Agillic with Global Data examples