Clearing Global Data allows you to wipe the value of a specific Global Data. For example, if you clear the value of the Global Data PRIZES_LEFT, your campaign would stop the prize-winning promotion.
Another example would be to clear the value of a Global Data like WINNERS_FOUND to prepare the field for showing how many winners were located as part of a campaign.
How to Clear Global Data
How to Manually Clear Global Data
- Log into Production. If you checked the 'Include data values in publish' checkbox for your Global Data, log into Staging.
- Open the Data module.
- Select 'Global Data' from the left sidebar.
- Open the 'Global Data' folder, also from the left sidebar.
- Navigate to your Global Data.
- Open the Global Data.
- Delete the value in the 'Value' field.
- Click the 'Save' button.
Now, you've cleared your Global Data. If you made the change on Staging, make sure to make a publish to Production.
Global Data with no value
How to Clear Global Data with Side Effects
Read more about how to clear Global data fields by working with Side Effects here.
Suggested Next Steps