Web pages and Advisor pages fulfill different purposes in Agillic. Web pages are a great way of showing personalised content to your recipients. Advisor pages, on the other hand, help you create Advisor Portals where you can display Person Data for reference purposes to those who don't have Agillic configurator status, such as your customer service department.
The thing these page types have in common is that they're both Portal pages which display real recipient data. Therefore, you follow a similar process to set up each type, creating Menu Items so you can control who has access to the pages.
For each page type, you need to create Menu Items so you can control who has access to the pages. You also use Content Blocks to customise the layout, add links, and personalise the content for individual recipients. Portal pages are made based on templates. If you don't have a web template, contact a developer or your operations manager at Agillic for our pricing. Developer documentation on how to make templates is available too.
You can use both web pages and Advisor pages with Standard and Custom Applications. This means you could use, for example, a questionnaire for gathering information about your recipients.
- How to Create a Webpage or Advisor Page
- How to Create a Menu Item
- How to Fill in Information About your Menu Item
- How to Add a Favicon to Your Portal Page
How to Create a Webpage or Advisor Page
- Log in to the Staging environment.
- Open the Channels module.
- Open the Advisor Portals section.
- Open 'Web' and 'Pages' if you want to create a Webpage.
- Open 'Advisor' and 'Pages' if you want to create an Advisor Page.
- Click 'Create page' at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- Fill in the name of your Portal page in the 'Name' field.
- Select a template from the 'Layout' drop-down menu.
- Click on the small window icon next to 'Menu Item'. A pop-up window will appear where you can create a Menu Item. You won't be able to link to a Portal Page until you've attached a Menu Item.
Creating a Menu Item
How to Create a Menu Item
- Hover over Channels in the top bar. Then, select either Advisor Portal or Web Page, depending on the page type you're configuring.
- In the left sidebar under 'Portals', you'll see a list of options. Select 'navigation' under either 'Advisor' or 'Web', depending on the page type you're configuring.
- Select either 'user' or 'anonymous' depending on which type of Menu Item you need. A user Menu Item is only accessible to recipients who already exist on your Agillic database. Anonymous Menu Items can be reached by anyone with a link.
- Make sure to check the checkbox 'Create new Menu Item under selected'.
- Click 'OK'.
- Now, you will be redirected to a 'Create Page' pop-up window with two sections - 'Page' and 'New Menu Item'. Under 'Page', your page's information will appear. Check that the information is correct
- Under 'New Menu Item', fill in the information for your Menu Item (See Table 1).
- Click 'OK'.
Your portal page is now ready to have Content Blocks and links added and for further personalisation. We recommend that you test your portal page before displaying it to live recipients.
Filling in Menu Item information
How to Fill in Information About your Menu Item
As you create your page, you'll need to fill in information about your Menu Item. Here's a description of the information to include.
|Name||The name of your Menu Item. This will only be shown in Agillic.|
|Uri||The unique identifier for your web page. Make sure to give it a unique name as the Uri will be shown as part of your page's URL.|
|View permission||Controls viewing restrictions. If you only want certain recipients to view your page, you can choose a Target Group from the drop-down menu. This means that only the recipients who are part of that Target Group will be able to view it. Leave 'View Permission' as 'Any' if you want the page to be accessible to any recipient (no Target Group restriction.)|
|Label||The Label name for your Menu Item. When you use your page as part of an application showing different Menu Items, the label name will appear. If you're not using this, simply leave the field blank.|
Hides labels in the menu selection. By clicking on 'Hidden' you hide the label in menu selections if you have given your Menu Item a label name.
The options when creating a new Menu Item
How to Add a Favicon to Your Portal Page
A favicon is the small icon displayed next to your page title in the address bar, bookmarks list, and on browsing tabs. If you'd like to add a favicon to your portal page, the icon needs to be 16x16 pixels and available in either PNG or JPEG formats. The favicon must then be uploaded to your instance's Assets folder.
You can use one icon per web template. Of course, you can have different icons for each of your templates. Adding a favicon requires a minor addition to the template HTML.