In order to export the Person Data, One-to-Many Data, or Lookup data for a recipient, you have to create an Export Flow. Just like any other Flow, an Export Flow can be set with a Target Group and with a schedule if needed. This will allow you to create an automatic export of data to a destination of your choice.
Use Case Example
Agillic Candy wants to make a daily export of any recipient who has unsubscribed in the last 24 hours. This must be set up to export the data to another data system and update the permissions and align the data.
How to Create an Export Flow
- Create a Target Group of the recipients that you want to export.
- Create an Export Profile to define where Agillic should save the export file.
- Create an Export Template to define which data to export.
- Create a Flow, which will act as the export Flow and the Target Group
- Insert an Export Step in the Flow and add the Export Profile and Template.
- If needed, you can also add a schedule to the Flow.
You have now created and configured an export Flow.
If your Export Flow contains more than a single export Step, multiple export files can be generated from a single execution. This is due to our batching mechanisms being applied to the non-export step(s), creating smaller sets of recipients.
A configured export Flow to export unsubscribe data and send as an email to the marketing department
Testing the Setup
Test the setup by manually executing the Flow and verify that Agillic has generated the export file as expected.