A birthday or SMS email is a great way to connect with your recipients through personalised content. You could include a special birthday offer, gift, or voucher that recipients can use within X days after their birthday.
In the following lines, you will find a step-by-step guide on how to create your own Birthday flow.
How to Create a Birthday Flow
To set up a birthday flow, you will first need a Person Data field containing your recipients' birthdays (in our example we call the field "BIRTHDAY").
- Log into the Staging environment.
- Create a Target Group with a descriptive name (in our example name our target group "Has Birthday Today").
- Under Conditions select All and add the following Condition: Person Data > BIRTHDAY > Is on the same day of the year > 0 > Days in the past from now > Condition met.
A Target Group finding recipients who have their birthday today.
- Create an email or SMS.
- Create a Flow.
- Add an email Step with your "Birthday email" or an SMS Step with your "Birthday SMS" attached to it.
- Add the Target Group to your Flow.
- Add a schedule where the schedule checks daily for new recipients (in our example the check goes off every day at 10:00).
- Save your Flow.
- Publish to Production when you want to go live with the Flow.
You have now configured a Birthday Flow that sends out an email or SMS to recipients having their birthday today 🥳
A birthday Flow checking every day at 10:00 if anyone has their birthday today, in which case, the recipient will receive a Happy Birthday email.