Sending an email or SMS on a recipient's birthday can be a good way of sending personalised content and engaging with your recipients. The personalised content could contain a birthday offer, gift, or voucher that can be used X amount of days after the birthday.
In order to set up a birthday flow, you'll need to have a Person Data field which contains your recipients' birthday.
This particular example will send a birthday SMS or email when it will be the recipient's birthday soon.
How to Create a Birthday Flow
- Log into Staging.
- Create a Target Group.
- Add the following Condition to your Target Group: Person Data - BIRTHDAY - Is on the same day of the year - 0 - Days in the past from now - Condition met.
A Target Group finding recipients who have their birthday today
- Create an email or SMS.
- Create a Flow.
- Add an email Step with your email attached or an SMS Step with your SMS attached.
- Add the Target Group to your Flow.
- Add a schedule where the schedule checks daily for new recipients.
- Save your Flow.
- Publish to Production when you want to go live with the Flow.
You've now configured a Flow which sends out a birthday email to a Target Group that collects recipients who have their birthday today.
A birthday Flow checking every day at 10:00 if anyone has their birthday today, in which case, the recipient will receive a Happy Birthday SMS
Can this article be improved? Please let us know, and we will update the article
Please sign in to leave a comment.