When you're editing your emails, the 'Preview' section in the sidebar makes it easy to preview an email on behalf of different types of test recipients. Therefore, you can see how the content of your email will look when personalised for different recipients.
It's possible to preview Dynamic Blocks in your email such as Global Data Table Blocks, Lookup Blocks, Promotion Blocks, Multi Content Block, and more. You can learn more about different Content Blocks in our dedicated article.
How to Preview an Email
- Log into the Staging environment.
- Open the Channels module and then select 'Email'.
- Now select the email you want to preview.
- Open the 'Preview' section in the right sidebar.
- Select a Target Group from the drop-down.
- Click on a recipient from the list to preview the email as they would see it.
We recommend that you create a new Target Group on the Staging environment if you can't find the recipients you are looking for. Create a new Target Group on Staging if you can't find the recipients you're looking for. You can also create new test recipients if needed.
An email with a Promotion Block previewed for test recipients
Another way to preview an email is to test it through the 'Test' function in the Channels module. You can read more about how to test with the 'Test' function in the Channels Module here.
If you need to preview an email for multiple test recipients at once, you can also test the email through a Flow. Read more about testing with a Flow here.