By creating one or more test recipients, you can test your campaign before sending it out to your live recipients. If you want to create just one test recipient, you can easy do it within the Agillic interface. If you want to create multiple test recipients at once, it's easier to create them using the importer. By creating multiple test recipients, you can mirror your different types of live recipients to test your campaigns thoroughly.
How to Create a Test Recipient
- Log into your Staging environment.
- Open the Data module.
- Open the 'Target Groups' section.
- Open the 'All Recipients' Target Group.
- Click on the 'Recipients' panel to fold out the recipients' overview.
- Click on the 'Create Recipient' icon in the toolbar. Your new recipient will appear in the recipients' overview highlighted in orange.
- Double click on the fields you want to edit and select or fill in a value. Learn how to edit recipient's data here.
- Click 'Save'.
Your test recipient is now ready to be used.
If you can't find the Person Data field you want to edit, you will need to change the data view.
A new test recipient in the 'All Recipients' Target Group which is ready to have data added
We advise that you never use a live recipient's data and contact information for a test recipient. Instead, you should use fake information or your own contact information.