Agillic has a series of functions to verify if a recipient is valid and can receive outbound communications. If we find that a recipient doesn't have valid contact information, Agillic will stop them from receiving outbound communications from that channel. You can learn about how recipients are blocked here.
It's also highly recommended to add the following checks to Target Groups for specific outbound communications. This will give the best idea of how many recipients Agillic can contact.
Any attempt to send outbound communications to an invalid recipient will show as 'Error' in the reporting tool.
This article will cover:
- Valid Recipients for Email
- Valid Recipients for SMS
Valid Recipients for Email
Agillic considers a recipient valid to receive emails when matching the following Fixed Person Data conditions:
- VALID_EMAIL = Not false - Checks if the email address has previously bounced
(1 Hard bounce or 1.000 soft bounces)
- UNSUBSCRIBED = Not True - Checks if the recipient has unsubscribed in a global way like 'list-unsubscribe' or using the default 'unsubscribe' event
- MALFORMED_EMAIL = Not true - Checks if the top-level domain of the email address is valid
- COMPLAINT = Not true - Checks if the recipient has marked an email as spam in their email client
- Optional: INACTIVE_EMAIL = Not True - Checks if the recipient has recently opened sent emails
To locate all valid recipients, you can make a Target Group with the shown conditions as demonstrated in the image below.
A Target Group locating any recipient who can receive an email
Valid Recipients with Domain-Based Unsubscribe
When you have enabled the Domain-Based Unsubscribe feature, Agillic has to use a slightly different approach for filtering Valid Recipients. The Domain-Based Unsubscribe feature controls UNSUBSCRIBED and COMPLIANT in a One-To-Many table instead of using the Fixed Person Data fields UNSUBSCRIBED and COMPLIANT. Therefore, you will need to add One-To-Many conditions in your Target Group in order to find valid recipients, as we demonstrate in the screenshot below.
Configuring a 'Valid Recipients' Target Group, filtering out recipients with an empty EMAIL_STATUS table or with no rows containing 'Unsubscribe' in the TYPE field
Resetting an Email Address
As the email bounces and other Person Data are related to the email address, they are reset if the email address is changed for a recipient. The complete list of changes are:
- The Person Data SOFT_BOUNCE is cleared
- The Person Data HARD_BOUNCE is cleared
- The Person Data INACTIVE_EMAIL is cleared
- The Person Data VALID_EMAIL is cleared
- The Person Data MALFORMED_EMAIL is cleared
COMPLAINT is not reset with an email address change and should be manually reset if you have your recipient's approval.
Valid Recipients for SMS
As Agillic is currently not receiving feedback on the validity of each phone number, there is only a single check to make on the recipient:
- MSISDN (or other phone number data) = Not empty - Checks if the recipient has a blank phone number.
Agillic considers a recipient valid to receive emails when matching the following Person Data condition:
- MSISDN_TYPE = Not Invalid