Investigating a recipient can provide valuable information when troubleshooting a campaign or when you need to know why, when, or how a recipient received a specific type of communication.
How to Investigate a Recipient
- Open the Data Module.
- Open the 'Target Groups' Section.
- Navigate to an existing Target Group or create a new Target Group.
- Make sure the Conditions in your Target Group match the recipient you need to investigate. Learn how to create conditions here. An example of how your Target Group conditions should look when you want to find a recipient: Person Data - EMAIL - Equals - email@example.com - Condition met.
- Double click on the Target Group to open it.
- Open the recipient's tab in the work area to the right.
- Click on the recipient you want to investigate.
- Click on the Investigator Icon in the Recipients toolbar. A pop-up window will appear with the 'Investigate Recipient' view.
Finding the recipient with email: 'firstname.lastname@example.org' and clicking on the Investigator Icon
- Choose the time period you want to investigate in the drop-down or click on the two date fields and select a time period.
- Check the checkboxes of the items you want to include in your investigation.
- Click 'Run'.
Investigating a recipient where the investigation looks at 'Last 20 executions and includes activities for 'Flows' and 'Email'.
|FLOW | In progress at 'X': Waiting for X time...||The recipient is currently waiting in a Wait For Period Step or a Wait For Date Step. Click the 'Kick' button to kick the recipient from the Flow.|
|FLOW | from_file | Successfully completed at 'X'||The recipient successfully completed x step in the Flow which was executed based on a SAS CI campaign.|
|EMAIL | ALTERNATE: A single email sent to an alternative address for manual or scheduled execution||The recipient's email was sent to the external email address(es). Read more about the Alternative Sending Method here.|
|EMAIL/SMS | Successfully delivered to gateway||The communication was successfully delivered to the email or SMS gateway meaning that the communication was handled correctly and sent to the recipient's email address or mobile number.*|
|PROMOTION | Successfully exposed to 'X'||The recipient was shown 'X' Proposition from the Promotion.|
|EVENT | Successfully achieved. Counter = 1||The recipient got the counter 1 in the mentioned event.|
|EVENT | Reset||The event reset its counter back to 0.|
|LOGIN | Successfully logged in||The recipient successfully logged in to an advisor portal, login page, etc.|
|EMAIL | Not sent because the users haven't been reacting for previous emails||The recipients are set to inactive due to your 'inactive email' settings.|
|EMAIL | Not sent because the prior email to the user hard bounced and the email address is now marked as invalid||The email sent to the recipient has hard bounced, and the recipient will no longer be sent to.|
|EMAIL | Not sent because the item has not been published||The item used is not published to the environment where the execution was run from. Make sure your items are published by publishing to Staging and publishing to Production.|
|FLOW | Kicked out at 'Wait for period step': Flow or step has been deleted||The recipient has been kicked from the named Flow either due to being kicked from the Flow or due to the Step the recipient was in being deleted.|
|PRINT | Successfully written to file||The recipient has had a Print PDF generated. You can click on the eye icon to download a stored copy.|
Table 1: Some common result codes found in the Investigator
If your recipient has the result code 'Successfully delivered to gateway' but the recipient has not received the communication, then please contact your gateway provider.