How to Enable Alternative Sending Method
- Log in to the Staging environment.
- Open the Flows module.
- Navigate to the relevant Flow.
- Click on an Email Step.
- In the right sidebar, click on the Settings section.
- Check the Enable alternative sending method checkbox.
- Choose between On trigger or On manual or scheduled execution.
- In the drop-down menu choose Send also to external receiver(s) or Send only to external receiver(s)(See the note below for more information).
- Fill in one or more email addresses in the Enter email address(es) field–if you enter multiple email addresses, separate each address with a comma.
- *Optional: Enter the Recipient ID(s) of one or more recipients whom you want to receive the email on behalf of–it doesn't matter if the recipients are part of the Flow execution or not.
- Choose if you want to receive emails for Staging, Production, or for both environments.
- Click OK.
- Click the Save icon in the Flow toolbar.
You've now enabled the Alternative Sending Method for an Email Step 🎉
In our guide above, step 7 asks you to choose to enable the Alternative Sending Method on Triggered Flows or on Manual or Scheduled Flows'–this setting should match the way you plan to execute your Flow.
- Triggered Flows: the emails sent to the alternative email address will contain data unique to the individual who triggers the Flow.
- Manual or Scheduled Flows: the email doesn't contain data that are unique to the individual. Therefore, make the contents more general so you don't receive an email per recipient in your Target Group. Learn more about the different ways to execute a Flow.
Our guide in step 8, states that you need to choose between the options Send also to external receiver(s) and Send only to external receiver(s).
- Send also to external receiver(s): the email is sent to the external receivers registered in the "Enter email address(es) below" field as well as to recipients that go through the email Step.
- Send only to external receivers(s): the email on the Email Step is only sent to the external receivers listed under the "Enter email address(es) below" field. This means that none of the recipients who go through the email Step will receive the communication connected to that Step.
An Email Step with Alternative Sending Method enabled.