A time zone controlled Flow will use both a schedule and a recipient's time zone Person Data. This means that recipients will receive communications based on the time zones that they reside in. For example, you can set up a Flow to send an email when the time is 14.00 in the time zone of each of your recipients. You will need to enable the time zone feature before you can execute a Flow in this way.
In this article, you will learn:
- How to Enable Time Zones
- How to Add Time Zones for Recipients
- How to Create a Time Zone Aware Schedule
How to Enable Time Zones
Firstly, you'll need to define which Person Data should store your recipients time zone, as well as enable the use of time zones on your Agillic solution. You do that by:
- Open the Settings module.
- Under 'System Settings', open the 'Person Data' subsection.
- Select the Person Data to store the time zones of your recipients in the 'Time zones' drop-down. By default, this setting is set to the Person Data TIME_ZONE.
- Open the 'International' subsection in the 'System Settings' section.
- Locate the 'Time zone' panel.
- Check the 'Enable Time Zone' checkbox.
- Select a default time zone from the 'Default time zone' drop-down. You can use this time zone in case a recipient has a blank or invalid time zone.
Enabling time zones on your Agillic Solution
How to Add Time Zones for recipients
When generating the time zones, use the TZ-database format, such as 'Europe/Copenhagen'.
How to Create a Time Zone Aware Schedule
- Create a Flow and add the Steps you need.
- Open the 'Schedule' panel for the Flow and add your schedule.
- Check the 'Send to recipients based on their time zones' checkbox.
- Click the 'OK' button.
- Click the save icon in the 'Flows' toolbar.
Now, you've created and configured a Flow with a time zone aware schedule.
An email Flow with a time zone aware schedule