Sometimes, it's useful to execute a Flow for a single recipient. It could be that you need to test a Flow or that you need to send out a missing communication to a specific customer.
How to Execute a Flow with Single Recipient
- Log in to Staging or Production, depending on if your recipient is a test recipient or a live recipient.
- Open the Flows module and navigate to the Flow you want to execute for the recipient.
- Click on the 'Investigator' icon in the top toolbar.
- The view will change to the Investigator View. Here, fill in the Recipient ID of the recipient you want to execute the Flow for.
- Click the 'Search' button.
- A preview of your recipient's data should appear in the box below. To change the data showed, use the drop-down menu to select another data view.
- Click on the 'Execute' icon (the Play button) in the Investigator.
- A pop-up window will appear where you can click 'OK'.
Now, you've executed the Flow for the single recipient.
It's important to note that when you execute a Flow using the Investigator, the recipient goes through any wait Steps immediately. This means that if you have a longer Flow with multiple communication Steps, the recipient will receive all communications immediately.
The Flow investigation tool is also great to use if you, for example, need to investigate a recipient in a specific send-out. Read more about investigating a Flow here.
Be mindful that the number of communications sent can lead to your system pausing if the execution takes place on Production. Read more about handling a system pause here.
The Investigator View for a Flow where the recipient is ready to be sent through the Flow