Sometimes, it's useful to execute a Flow for a single recipient. It could be that you need to test a Flow or that you need to send out a missing communication to a specific customer.
How to Execute a Flow with Single Recipient
- Log in to Staging or Production, depending on if your recipient is a test recipient or a live recipient.
- Open the Flows module and navigate to the Flow you want to execute for the recipient.
- Click on the 'Investigator' icon in the top toolbar.
- The view will change to the Investigator View. Here, fill in the Recipient ID of the recipient you want to execute the Flow for.
- Click the 'Search' button.
- A preview of your recipient's data should appear in the box below. To change the data showed, use the drop-down menu to select another data view.
- Click on the 'Execute' icon (the Play button) in the Investigator.
- A pop-up window will appear where you can click 'OK'.
Now, you've executed the Flow for the single recipient.
It's important to note that when you execute a Flow using the Investigator, the recipient goes through any wait Steps immediately. This means that if you have a longer Flow with multiple communication Steps, the recipient will receive all communications immediately.
The Flow investigation tool is also great to use if you, for example, need to investigate a recipient in a specific send-out. Read more about investigating a Flow here.
Be mindful that the number of communications sent can lead to your system pausing if the execution takes place on Production. Read more about handling a system pause here.
The Investigator View for a Flow where the recipient is ready to be sent through the Flow
Can this article be improved? Please let us know, and we will update the article
Please sign in to leave a comment.