If you'd like to define who can access and login to your Agillic instance, you can do this through our Profile Management feature. With this feature, you're able to create Profile Groups and define special sets of permissions for each Group. You can also create User Profiles so that individuals have their own special sets of permissions.
Profile Groups aren't shared across the Staging and Production environments. This means you should create users on both environments if they should have access to both of them.
You can manage the different Profile Groups in the Administration module. The Profile Management section is at the top of the left sidebar.
Editing a newly created 'new_user'
The Profile Group labelled 'Full Access' is the default Group. The access levels of this Group are unlimited and can't be modified. Users with full access also have the rights to create and modify other profile groups.
Creating a Limited Access Profile Group
- Click the 'Create Profile Group' icon underneath the Profile Management header.
- Name your Profile Group.
- Tick each item you'd like this Profile Group to have access to.
A limited access Profile Group named 'Configurators'
Application Access - These settings allow you to grant/restrict access to the various modules. If you untick the box 'Data', Agillic hides the entire data module for users in this Profile Group.
Data Access - If you restrict access to sensitive data, users in the Profile Group will no longer be able to see values in full. Instead, they will be obfuscated e.g. EMAIL equals *******.
Remote Access - These settings allow you to grant/restrict access to data available on your WebDAV server. These being the:
- 'api/export/files' folder where export files from Agillic are placed.
- 'api/import/files' folder which provides a way for you upload files while circumventing the interface.
- 'api/logs/logs' folder which contains log files generated by Agillic, as well as your Extension Steps.
Read more about accessing your WebDAV server.