From time to time, you might need to pause a Flow. This might happen if you need to investigate a Flow but intend to resume the Flow soon afterwards. It's important to know that you can only pause a Flow for the Production environment.
When you pause a Flow, you can choose one of three options:
- Pause Flow on Production - If you choose this option, you'll simply pause the Flow you've chosen to pause.
- Pause Flow on Production and Exit Recipients - If you choose this option, you'll both pause the Flow and kick all recipients out who are in the Flow at that moment. If you resume the Flow again, the Flow won't continue for the recipients as they would be kicked out. We recommend making a Flow Status to make sure that your recipients have been kicked out of the Flow properly before resuming the Flow again.
- Pause all Flows on Production - If you choose this option, you'll pause all Flows on the Production Environment.
We strongly recommend for you not to pause a Flow for longer periods of time unless you understand and accept the risks. If a Flow is paused and then resumed, 3 months later, for example, the Flow will immediately send out to all recipients who should have gone through the Flow during the 3 months it was paused. Alternatively, you can deactivate the Flow.
The following is applicable to paused Flows:
|Action||Pause a Flow?||Pause a Flow and exit recipients?|
|Stops the current send out||Yes||Yes|
|Applies to the entire Flow||Yes||Yes|
|Triggered recipients will be added to the Flow||Yes||Yes|
|Will remember scheduled executions when resumed||Yes (Target Group is evaluated when resumed)||Yes (Target Group is evaluated when resumed)|
|Applies to Production only||Yes||Yes|
|The Flow will continue for saved recipients when resumed||Yes||No|
|Current recipients are still in Flow||Yes||No|
|Subject Line Test will continue when resumed||Yes||No|
Table 1: Information regarding Paused Flow
How to Pause a Flow
- Log into the Staging environment.
- Open the Flows module.
- Navigate to your Flow in the folder navigator.
- Click once to highlight your Flow in the navigator.
- Click the Pause icon in the 'Flows' toolbar.
- Choose either 'Pause Flow on Production' or 'Pause Flow on Production and exit users'.
- A pop-up window will appear.
- Click 'OK'.
- All Steps in your Flow will turn dark grey and an icon next to your Flow will tell you that you have paused your Flow.
A Flow named 'SMS Promotion' set to pause on Production