Person Data fields are where you store Person Data for your recipients. Restricting a Person Data field ensures that recipients are only allowed to have certain values in each field. This way, your data is clean and uniform, making it easier to, for example, segment for your Target Groups. The only data type you can't restrict is boolean Person Data since it can only be true or false.
We recommend only restricting Person Data when it's newly created or doesn't yet contain any data.
How to Restrict a Person Data Field
- Log in to Staging.
- Open the Data module and select 'Person Data' from the sidebar.
- Create a new Person Data or navigate to an existing Person Data.
- Open the Person Data.
- In the 'Restriction' section in the main part of the screen, fill in the value you want to restrict the Person Data to.
- For string: fill in a list of accepted values using a comma to separate the different values.
- For number: fill in a minimum number and a max number.
- For date and timestamp: fill in a minimum date and a maximum date.
- Click 'Save'.
Now, your Person Data is restricted to the values you filled in.
The 'AGE' Person Data with the restriction 1 - 120 meaning that recipients can only have an age from 1 year to 120 years. The 'Restriction' panel in the Person Data subsection also gives an overview of other Person Data fields' restrictions.
Suggested Next Steps