Kicking a recipient from a Flow is a way of removing the recipient from the specific Flow. You might need to do this if you've identified possible issues further down the Flow. This could either be due to a faulty set-up or if you test with a test recipient on Staging and need to execute the Flow for the same recipient again.
It's important to remember that a recipient can only be in the same Flow once. This means that the recipient will need to finish the Flow, or you will need to kick the recipient from the Flow, before the recipient can enter the Flow again.
If you need to kick all recipients from a Production Flow, you can do this by following the article on pausing a Flow and selecting 'Pause Flow on Production and exit users'.
How to Kick a Recipient from a Flow
- Log in to Production or Staging, depending on if your recipient is a live recipient or a test recipient.
- Open the Data module.
- Navigate to an existing Target Group or create a new Target Group. Make sure the Conditions in your Target Group match the recipient you need to investigate. Learn how to create conditions here.
- Double-click the Target Group to open it.
- Open the Recipients tab in the work area to the right.
- Click on the recipient you want to kick from a Flow.
- Click on the Investigator Icon in the top toolbar. A pop-up window will appear with the 'Investigate Recipient' view.
- Select a time period.
- Check the 'Flows' checkbox to the left.
- Click 'Run'. The name of the Flow(s) the recipient has gone through and is going through will appear.
- Click the 'Kick' button to kick the recipient from the selected Flow.
A recipient currently going through a Flow where the recipient is waiting in a Wait for Period Step. You can kick the recipient from the Flow by clicking the 'Kick' button.