One way to test a Flow is to redirect communication to yourself. You can only test email Steps with this method and it ensure that all emails will be sent to your inbox rather than to the original recipients.
This way of testing also only works for manually executed Flows. Therefore, you need to add a Target Group to the Flow. It's important to note that you will receive the number of emails you have in the Target Group you're testing.
How to Test a Flow With Redirect
- Open the Flows module and select the Flow you wish to test.
- Publish to Staging if necessary.
- Click the 'Execute Flow' icon in the 'Flow' toolbar and select 'Execute on Staging'.
- Check the checkbox 'Redirect Communications' and fill out the 'Enter Email address(es) field' with your email address. Separate with a comma for multiple email addresses.
Redirecting communications of a Newsletter Campaign Flow to own email inbox
- A pop-up will appear with the words 'immediate execution has begun'. Click 'OK'
- The emails will be redirected to your email inbox. Now you can verify that the emails look correct for all test recipients.
Your email has now been tested and is ready to use for live recipients.