An export template allows you to define the data types and fields you want to export. You can use Export Steps as a part of creating an Export Flow.
How to Create an Export Template
- Open the Data module.
- From the left sidebar, select 'Export' and then select the 'Export Templates' folder.
- Click on the 'Create' icon in the toolbar.
- Select the data type you want to export. You will see the following options:
- Person and Activity Data
- One-to-Many Data
- Person Data - Global Data Table Lookup
- Unique Person Data - Global Data Table Lookup
- One-to-Many Table - Global Data Table Lookup
- Unique One-to-Many Table - Global Data Table Lookup
- When the export template opens on the screen, you'll see a list of all available data in the 'Available Data' box. Drag any of the data types you want to export over into the 'Selected Data' list.
- Click 'Save'.
Now, you've created and configured an Export Template. Next, you can use it in an Export Step.
A configured Export Template with four Person Data fields
Just below the 'Available Data' and 'Selected Data' lists, there's a 'Pattern' field. This allows you to use wildcards so you can select multiple data fields with similar names.
For example, the value 'Question*' will retrieve all data fields that start with 'QUESTION' such as 'QUESTION1' and 'QUESTION2'.
By default, when you export One-to-Many Data and Data Lookups, the columns are sorted by creation time. For Data Lookups, all One-to-Many Table columns are shown first, followed by Global Data Table columns.