An export template allows you to define the data types and fields you want to export. You can use Export Steps as a part of creating an Export Flow.
How to Create an Export Template
- Open the Data module.
- From the left sidebar, select 'Export' and then select the 'Export Templates' folder.
- Click on the 'Create' icon in the toolbar.
- Select the data type you want to export. You will see the following options:
- Person and Activity Data
- One-to-Many Data
- Person Data - Global Data Table Lookup
- Unique Person Data - Global Data Table Lookup
- One-to-Many Table - Global Data Table Lookup
- Unique One-to-Many Table - Global Data Table Lookup
- When the export template opens on the screen, you'll see a list of all available data in the 'Available Data' box. Drag any of the data types you want to export over into the 'Selected Data' list.
- Click 'Save'.
Now, you've created and configured an Export Template. Next, you can use it in an Export Step.
A configured Export Template with four Person Data fields
Just below the 'Available Data' and 'Selected Data' lists, there's a 'Pattern' field. This allows you to use wildcards so you can select multiple data fields with similar names.
For example, the value 'Question*' will retrieve all data fields that start with 'QUESTION' such as 'QUESTION1' and 'QUESTION2'.
By default, when you export One-to-Many Data and Data Lookups, the columns are sorted by creation time. For Data Lookups, all One-to-Many Table columns are shown first, followed by Global Data Table columns.
Can this article be improved? Please let us know, and we will update the article
Please sign in to leave a comment.