You can import data directly into Agillic by using the 'Import' section in the Data module.
To do this, you must create an import file in a format that Agillic recognises. We recommend using the .csv file format for import files. It's also important to validate your import file before you import it.
How to Import Using the UI
- Log in to Staging if you want to import test data or to Production if you want to import data to live recipients. It's also possible to import data to Production from the Staging environment.
- Open the Data module and select 'Import' from the left sidebar.
- Choose if you want to import your data to the Staging or Production Environment. You should always import your live recipients to Production and your test recipients to Staging.
- Click the 'Browse' button and select your import file.
- Click the 'Validate' button.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click 'OK'. A few moments later, your import will appear in the table below.
- Click on the import in the table.
- Inspect the import status.
If the validation failed, you'll need to troubleshoot your import file based on the errors found in the file and validate your import file again. Learn how to investigate a failed import file here.
Once your import status is 'Validated Successfully', you can move on to the next step.
- Click the 'Browse' button and select your import file again. This time, we're going to import the file and not just validate it.
- If you'd like, check the first checkbox to only import existing recipients and leave out new recipients.
- If you'd like, check the second checkbox to add the imported recipients to a static Target Group. Read more about static Target Groups here.
- If you'd like, check the last checkbox to mark imported recipients as test recipients.
- Click the 'Import' button.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click 'OK'. A few moments later, your import will appear in the table below with the status 'Success'.
Your recipients have now been imported to your chosen environment.
The import file 'TestRecipients.csv' which has been validated successfully to Staging and then imported successfully to Staging