In some cases, you may need to export all the data of multiple recipients. For example, you may need to do a complete data dump for all recipients.
Generally, Agillic stores personal data in three different formats - Person Data, One-to-Many Data, and Activity Data.
In this article, you'll find information about:
How to Export Person Data and One-to-Many Data
- Create a Target Group of the recipient(s) you want to export.
- Create an Export Profile to define where Agillic should save the export file.
- Create an Export Template of the 'Person Data and Activity Data' type.
- When selecting the Person Data fields, fill in '*' in the 'Pattern' field below the 'Available Data' list. This will automatically select all Person Data.
- Create an Export Template of the One-to-Many data type, if you have one or more One-to-Many Table(s).
- Select the 'One-to-Many Table' to export.
- Repeat Step 4 for each of the One-to-Many Tables that you have.
- Create a Flow which will act as the Export Flow for both Person Data and One-to-Many Data and add the Target Group.
- Insert an Export Step in the Flow and add the Export Profile and Person Data Export Template.
- Insert another Export Step and add the Export Profile and the One-to-Many Export Template, if you have one or more One-to-Many Table(s).
- Repeat step 2-6 for each One-to-Many Table you have
- Click 'Save' and execute the Flow.
You've now created and configured an Export Flow to export all Person Data and One-to-Many data.
An Export Flow with All Person Data and two different One-to-Many Tables
How to Export Activity Data
If you want the Activity Data for a specific recipient, you must first make a complete Activity Export for all recipients, and filter out any data that doesn't belong to a specific recipient.
- Create an Activity Export with all items checked.
- The Export Profile from the export Flow can be re-used to ensure the Activity Export files save in the same location as the Person Data and One-to-Many Data.
- Execute the Activity export by selecting the period of time for the export.
As the Activity Export can become very big in size, it recommended using a BI tool or other Big Data Tool to locate the specific data of the recipient.
Configuration of an Activity Export
Testing the Setup
Before publishing the Export Flow or configuring the Activity Export, we recommend for you to test the setup with test data on the Staging environment.
- Execute the Flow for a recipient on Staging and verify the right data exports.
- Execute the Activity Export for a selected period on Staging and verify that you can filter out the data in the files for the specific recipient.
Can this article be improved? Please let us know, and we will update the article
Please sign in to leave a comment.