It's possible to calculate how many SMS messages you've sent from your Agillic instance in a given period. This can be helpful when you want an overview of the number of communications you send. For example, it could help you get a feel for an upcoming invoice.
How to Calculate Your Total Sent SMS
If you make a report on an SMS, you'll see the number of SMS 'templates' sent out. This means the number of SMS messages created in Agillic and sent through a Flow. The SMS messages could be longer than 1 SMS (160 characters if no Unicode characters are used) causing them to count as 2 or more SMSs when invoiced.
Learn more about how SMS characters are calculated here.
Because of this, it's necessary to create an Activity Export instead to get the full picture. To calculate sent SMSs for a given period, you'll need to create an Activity Export as described below.
- Create an Activity Export.
- Check the checkbox 'SMS' under items when creating the Activity Export.
- Select an Export Profile in the drop-down.
- Choose a period in the 'Execution' panel.
- Run the Activity Export.
- Use WebDAV to access the created Activity Export.
- Open the CSV file called 'SMS'.
- Select the entire column H.
- Retrieve the SUM of the column to get the number of SMS message parts sent.
Now, you've calculated how many SMS message parts you send out in the chosen period.
A CSV file opened in Excel where the H column, containing the SMS message parts, is ready to have its SUM calculated